Volunteer ― It’s Rewarding!
Over 140 volunteers are needed on the day of the fair to be a judge or an administrative official.
Be a part of it and sign up at the VPRSF Registration Site.
On the day of the fair, administrative officials are needed for various time periods to help with setup, registration of judges, registration of students, operations, compiling results, preparing awards, and monitoring students, setup and assistance for awards ceremony, and teardown.
- Volunteer registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Volunteers are needed, depending on their availability and tasks, at various times from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you can not volunteer all day, consider 7:30 to 12:00, 12:00 to 5:00, or 3:00 to 7:00.
- Please include your time constraints in your online registration comment box.
100 or more judges are needed on fair day from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. and just a few until 3:30 p.m. They have a special and rewarding task to interview and encourage students and to select top students in an assigned category. When volunteering as a judge please indicate the categories to which you are willing to be assigned. Judges should have an appropriate level of knowledge of the science categories to which they volunteer.
- Judge registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Orientation for judges begins at 9:00 a.m. Judges work in teams of 2-5 assigned to one or sometimes two categories.
- Judging hours are 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with a 45 minute lunch break with lunch provided. Depending on the number of projects in your assigned categories, you may finish early in the judging hours. Best of Show judges may be needed until 3:30 p.m.
- Students will be present during the judging hours.
- Donuts, bagels, juice and coffee in the morning and sandwiches, chips and soda at noon are provided.